POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Spinner" space colony (2) : Re: "Spinner" space colony (2) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Spinner" space colony (2)
From: Stephen
Date: 10 Jun 2010 04:21:10
Message: <4c10a076@news.povray.org>
On 10/06/2010 8:28 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Better indeed.
>
>  From looking at the buildings, I feel that the cylinder should have a much
> larger radius. People will get claustrophobic here, with the impression that
> the buildings are falling on their heads. :-)
>
> I think that the sense of scale would be improved with a better balance
> between cylinder dimensions and building dimensions.

I agree.

I suggest a larger
> cylinder and (much more) scaled-down buildings/living space. Add some
> atmospheric media or a subtle fog for suggesting distance and you will get a
> much more believable scene.

If Mike does that then it may be realistic but it will be boring to look
at. IMO realistic space scenes show one feature while hiding most others
due to differences in scale. Do you remember the posts from a few years

Having said that the ground could be s bit further away ;-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen